Colorado 1650UVgel roll-to-roll printer with flexible inks and matte, gloss or matte and gloss functionality for large format graphics
- Unique UVgel technology combines excellent quality, high productivity and extensive versatility with low cost of operation in one printer. Unprecedented productivity with print speeds of up to 1,700 sq ft/hr and no drying time.
- Developed with unattended printing and eﬀortless job switching in mind. Your operators will get more done in a day and be more satisﬁed in their work.
- Consistently excellent color quality with precise, sharp dots, a wider color gamut, strong saturation for dark colors and accurate skin tones.
- Options: matte printing (FLXfinish+), double-sided printing, print side in and second media roll. Upgrade your printer, when your business needs evolve. Upgrade remotely and on demand.
Inside-roll printing – print at the inside of the roll for maximum media flexibility and specific customer requirements
Reduced ink usage – UVgel inks form a thin layer on top of the media. This requires less ink than a traditional inkjet ink would to produce vibrant colors, which soak into the media.
Roll winding module – The automated roll winder module increases the ease of use of roll-to-roll systems and reduces errors.
Refill inks while printing – large 1 litre ink botles and a 2.5 litre ink reservoir allow operators to refill ink while printing.
Double-sided printing – Make double-sided prints easily and without hassle, for example for large outdoor banners or Point-of-Purchase that are visible from both sides.
FLXfinish+ – Matte or mixed matte and gloss without changing ink or media or extra channel
UV curing – Instant dry prints with UV LED lights.
PAINT nozzle monitoring – the nozzles are continuously monitored with Piezo Acoustic integrated Nozzle technology (PAINT) and corrected if needed.
Colorado 1650: the flexible choice
The Colorado 1650 allows print providers to be more productive and cost-effective with their large format roll printing applications. Produce more output in less time at a lower cost through innovative Canon UVgel technology.
The Colorado 1650 offers a truly impressive application range, thanks to two additional technologies: the more flexible and stretchable formulation of the UVgel 460 inks and the ingenious FLXfinish+ technology. The UVgel 460 inks provide perfect image stability even when folded, bent and wrapped. And with the FLXfinish+ technology, you can print your applications both with a flawless glossy and a luxurious matte finish, independent of media finish, doubling the range of your artistic freedom. Think of designer wallpaper, stunning decals, luxurious soft signage and front- and backlits with the deepest black that make people stop and take notice.
Matte and gloss – on one machine
The Colorado 1650 works with a new version of Canon UVgel inks, formulated for maximum flexibility by increasing the ‘stretchability’ of each cured ink droplet. In addition, FLXfinish+ technology, a new approach to LED curing, allows the user to choose between matte, gloss or mixed matte and gloss for each individual print to achieve different finishes, removing the need to change inks or media or to have an extra varnish channel.
FLXfinish+ technology expands application capabilities on porous media, including uncoated papers, as well as soft signage materials such as polyester textiles and silicon edged graphics.
Unique results, unique technologies
FLXfinish+Enables matte or gloss or mixed matte/gloss finish without changing ink or media
Unique technology combining all strengths of existing technologies
High-quality print applications
Printing on material used for backlit light boxes
Signage as flexible banners for promotional purposes
Artistic prints, reproductions of paintings or photos on canvas
Advertising used on cars, vans or busses
Advertising or signage on indoor flooring
Point of Sale
Used for promotional display purposes
For promotional advertising and display purposes
Printing on lightweight soft fabrics
Printing wall decorations such as wall paper
Promotional advertising used to decorate glass surfaces
The Colorado 1650 with FLXfinish+ technology allows print providers to be more productive and cost-effective with their large format roll printing applications. Produce more output in less time at a lower cost through innovative Canon UVgel technology.
Here’s how PSPs can significantly lower operating costs and increase profits:
- Extremely low ink usage
- Unattended production enables significant labor savings
- Produce more in less time without sacrificing quality
- One machine with two finishes without the need to change ink or media
- Reduce rework/overwork with highly accurate color and geometric consistency
The Colorado 1650 works with a new version of Canon UVgel ink, formulated for maximum flexibility by increasing the ‘stretchability’ of each cured ink droplet. In addition, FLXfinish+ technology, a new approach to LED curing allows the user to choose between matte or gloss modes for each individual print to achieve different finishes, removing the need to change inks or media.
FLXfinish+ technology expands application capabilities with options for more porous media, including uncoated papers, as well as soft signage materials such as polyester textiles and silicon edged graphics.
Max speed mode: 1,709 ft.2/hr.
High speed mode: 1,229 ft.2 /hr.
Production speed Mode: 861 ft.2/hr.
Production mode: 610 ft.2/hr.
Production quality mode: 570 ft.2/hr.
High quality mode: 430 ft.2/hr.
Superior mode: 290 ft.2/hr.
Specialty mode: 222 ft.2/hr.
FLXfinish+: 72 ft.2/hr.
High Speed: 495 ft.2/hr.
Speed: 409 ft.2/hr.
Production: 333 ft.2/hr.
Quality: 290 ft.2/hr.
Specialty: 215 ft.2/hr.
Backlit: 215 ft.2/hr.
Backlit Density: 107 ft.2/hr.
FLXfinish+: 72 ft.2/hr.
UVgel 460 ink, CMYK (1-liter bottles)
Ink reservoir can accommodate up to 2.5 liters per ink color
Automatic maintenance performed in seconds, daily
Refill ink while printing
Up to 8.7″ (220 mm)
Automatic roll-feeding and switching
Low-temperature curing, suitable for thin and heat-sensitive media
High-precision color matching and consistency
Enables you to print on porous and uncoated materials
One click | Two finishes | One print
- Produce glossy banners or wallpaper with deep-matte finish and brilliant colors, all printed on one device. No need to change inks or media!
- 2 rolls with automatic feeding and switching, width up to 1625 mm. Incessant nozzle monitoring, automatic printhead maintenance.
- Maximum speed up to 159 m2/hour in gloss mode. Online roll switching, and ink refill-while-printing.
Lowest cost of operation
- Reduced ink usage by up to 40% compared to competitive technologies.